Information We Automatically Collect
In order to deliver personalized and relevant information to you through our websites, we collect certain information from users. Please do not provide any sensitive information or health information. We do not want, nor will we ask for sensitive information. Nikki Oniyome web presence is not designed to process sensitive information. We collect personal information, such as your name, email address, phone number and contact information, company name, title, division, industry and location when you log in or opt in for one of our complimentary education resources. We may also deliver surveys and inquire about voluntary client testimonials based on the programs offered. If you make a purchase, we will collect your payment, billing and shipping information.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled, and some of the features that make Nikki Oniyome’s website experience more efficient may not function properly.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies.
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags) in connection with Nikki Oniyome's websites to, among other things, track the activities of visitors and users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage of our websites We and our third-party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Use of Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
• To provide our services to you, including to deliver appropriate training and email training notifications to you.
• To track your progress in completing courses.
• To deliver products and certificates for selected programs.
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To ask for ratings and reviews of our services and products.
• To improve Nikki Oniyome's websites in order to better serve you.
• To contact you for marketing purposes, including to send you personalized and relevant information through email and text messaging in accordance with local law and consent requirements. You may unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time by using the “unsubscribe” feature in any marketing emails you receive from us.
• To provide customer support and to follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
• To offer and deliver content based on vertical markets and/or your initial training path.
• To comply with applicable legal obligations, including responding to a subpoena or court order.
• Where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of this Policy.
• We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. We have put in place security measures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our websites. Nonetheless, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
We do not share your personal information you enter into our websites or webforms for third-party marketing use. However, we may disclose the information we collect from you to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. We take appropriate steps to ensure that such third parties treat your personal information with the same consideration that we do. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Nikki Oniyome is a band based in Oslo, Norway. In accordance with local laws, we will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection as required by applicable law, such as through the use of the EU standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, relevant national equivalents outside the EU, or other safeguards as permissible. By providing us with your personal information, you expressly acknowledge that we may transfer your personal information to, or access it in, jurisdictions which may not provide equivalent levels of data protection to your home jurisdiction.
We may also share information in the following circumstances:
• In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
• Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Special Information for California Consumers; Your California Privacy Rights
California residents may request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain personal information about you for the third party’s own marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response to you. We will respond to you within thirty (30) days. You may request this information in writing by contacting the Privacy Officer identified in section “Contacting Us” below.
Third-Party Websites and Interaction
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Nikki Oniyome’s websites are designed and may only be used by those who have reached the age of majority (18 years of age in most jurisdictions). By entering information on our websites, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
Access to Information
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, or have any complaints about our web presence, please inform us as soon as possible at the address below. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable local law.
You can also update certain of your personal information by logging in in to your account or contacting us below. Please note that we may maintain a copy of any personal data that you have updated for a period of time as part of our backups and business records; please see the “Retention of Your Information” section below for an explanation of our retention practices.
EU users have additional rights in respect of your personal information; for example, to access or erase your personal information, object to our use of it, or require it be made available in a portable format. If these rights apply to you, and you would like to exercise them, please contact us using details set out below.
Retention of Your Information
Nikki Oniyome applies a general rule of keeping your personal information for only as long as is required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances we may retain personal information for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax or accounting obligations, or where we would like to have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaint or challenge.
Changes to this Policy
Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated June 6, 2019.